Every picture tells a story.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just-Pics » News & Headline Stories » I'LL TAKE BOTH PLEASE!

I'LL TAKE BOTH PLEASE!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I'LL TAKE BOTH PLEASE! on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:19 am

cresteb

Good Mawning Meh Neabha!
Dogs are social animals, and there is universal language they share when communicating with other dogs.  Research shows that dogs have their own way of communicating with their owners, as well as with other dogs.

Hugging Dogs
Dogs that are familiar with each other may lick each other's faces in greeting, and sometimes stand on their hind legs and hug, then they begin to sniff any moist membranes where odours are strongest

Barking Dogs
Just like their human owners, dogs like to talk. However, unlike body signals, barking can represent different things to different dogs. The pitch or volume of the bark will increase with the dog’s level of emotion.

Communicating With Your Pet

Obedience and Understanding Each Other

A human can teach dogs to obey and what we want from them. But they also need to tell us what they need from us, and they do so every day. We simply have to open our eyes, ears and hearts to understand what they are trying to say.
These communication behaviors include eye gaze, facial expression, vocalization, body posture (including movements of bodies and limbs) and gustatory communication (scents, pheromones and taste). Humans communicate with dogs by using vocalization, hand signals and body posture.

Play bow: 

This means let’s play. However, it can also be a sign of apology; it’s a dog’s way of saying, “Oops. I didn’t mean to play so rough. Let’s keep playing!”
Paw slap: This is like a human coming up and slapping you on the back. This gesture puts the dog at an awkward angle, so it’s also a sign that the dog trusts the dog it is playing with.
Rearing hind legs: When dogs rear up on their hind legs, it’s a sign of affection. It often looks like dancing when dogs do this together when they’re playing.
Biting: Again, it’s a sign of play. Dogs are careful to avoid sensitive areas on the other animal.

Dog with ears erect means it is alerted, and baring its teeth is a warning signal.

A dog rolls on its back and rubs its shoulders on the ground to display contentment.

Sighs are an expression of emotion, usually when the dog is lying down with its head on its paws. When the eyes are half-closed it signals pleasure and contentment. When the eyes are fully open it signals displeasure, something the dog expected has not happened, often associated with the dinner table and the food that the dog expected to share did not happen.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum